Ski Swap! What, When, Where, Why & How:
What: The Sparta Ski Swap is a tag sale for used & new SKIS, SNOWBOARDS, ICE SKATES, SKI BOOTS, POLES, SNOWBOARD BOOTS...plus apparel and accessories. It's your best opportunity to sell your used gear, upgrade to better gear, sell gear the kids have outgrown, etc. Selling and buying are both open to the public. There is no admission charge.
When: Drop-off your old ski/skate/snowboard & winter gear on Friday evening, December 2, 2016 5-8 PM. The sale is held Saturday, December 3, 2016 9 AM - 1 PM. Payment and pick up of unsold items is at 1 PM Saturday. All items not claimed by 3:00 PM are considered a donation.
Where: Mohawk Avenue School, Sparta NJ
Why: To benefit the Sparta High School Ski Team, and to provide the community with an affordable alternative for winter sports gear.
How to Sell:
- Drop off & register your used equipment Friday night, December 2, 2016, between 5:00 PM and 8:00 PM
- Volunteers will be on hand to help you price an item if you aren't sure.
- No broken or obsolete equipment. All ski bindings must be current, found on the Current Indemnified Bindings List.
- No cost to consign - Booster Club takes 20% Commission from sale price if an item is sold.
- Pick up your unsold items on Saturday between 1:00pm and 3:00pm.
- Unsold items that are not picked up by 3 PM will be considered a donation
- Cash given at pick-up, or payment checks (for higher volume sellers) will be mailed during the week following the swap.
- If you'd rather just donate your old used equipment, that's fine too.
How to Buy:
- Just come to the swap during sale hours Saturday, December 3rd, 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM...you won't believe the deals!
- No "swapping" required...you don't need something to sell in order to shop at the swap.
- No admission charge
- No early birds or inspection; school doors open at 8:30 AM, please line up inside the school hallway. Swap doors open at 9:00 AM sharp.
- Sorry, no credit cards accepted. Cash or local check only.
- All equipment sold "as-is" and are sold as "parts". Please consider that it needs to be serviced by a certified technician at a ski or snowboard shop.
- All winter sports are dangerous and can result in injury and/or death. Equipment is purchased and used at your own risk. Assistance and recommendations provided at the Swap are to be considered "advice" only. Ski Swap patrons hold Sparta Ski Boosters, Inc. and SpartaSkiSwap.org harmless.